COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect information when, for example, you use our website or mobile features, submit requests for information through us, or register for applications we support or promotions, events and newsletters we sponsor (together, “Services“) or otherwise provide us information about yourself. The type of information we collect may include:
- Information we may collect includes your name, postal and e-mail address, phone number, social media username(s), and any information you may share about your background, interests, and preferences. Examples of the information you may share with us include your age, gender, occupation, and education level.
- Transaction information we may collect includes, as applicable, the information you include on the lead forms you submit, the schools or programs you request information about, and your lead submission or application use history, if any.
- Login credentials, if any, we may collect include your user name, password, and other authentication data elements.
- Specifically in respect to our Attain™ application, school-, course- and study-specific information supported by the application, including by way of example, course and study schedules, attendance history and goal-related information, as well as location data (if allowed) and such additional data as you may affirmatively permit us to maintain.
USE OF INFORMATION
The information we collect is generally used to provide you with the Services, personalize them to you and maintain and improve their quality, monitor and analyze your use, and understand your needs so that we can serve you better. From users who are required to login to gain access to particular features or Services, including our Attain application, we may collect and use usernames, passwords, and other login credentials to verify user authorization. We may also use your information to contact you about changes, additions, and updates to Service features and opportunities, as well as to provide any notices required by applicable law. If you prefer not to receive communications from us, we make it easy for you to let us know. You can contact us at any time via the process noted in Contact Us below to request an update to or removal of your personal information on file or modification of our use of your information (see Your Choices and, for California residents, Your California Privacy Rights, below).
Tracking Options and California Do Not Track Disclosures: Certain parts of our sites require cookies, and we may use them to deliver more relevant advertising and to link data collected across other devices you may use. You can adjust your settings to limit tracking or decline cookies, but as a result you may not be able to use certain features of our sites or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your device or browser settings for more information on how to delete or decline cookies and control your tracking preferences. Our sites do not respond to do not track signals from most browsers.
We may share certain personal information you provide us outside of the ASD family. For example:
- We may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage and analyze data such as the source address of a page request, the related IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any) and other parameters in the URL. This is collected in order to better understand our Service usage and enhance performance of our Services. We may also use third parties to host or operate various Service features, deploy emails, analyze data, provide search results and enable links among other things.
- We may also provide access to data that include your personal information in connection with a contemplated or actual banking, capitalization, insuring, sale or other strategic initiative or transaction affecting title in or ownership of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed with the transaction or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to relevant third parties. In the event of any such transaction, our title in and/or possession of your personal information, among other things, may be transferred or assigned.
- We also may share your information when you specifically ask or authorize us to do so, for example, when you submit a request for more information about a particular school or program, when you use and are engaged on our Attain platform, or when we conclude disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, to enforce our agreements and policies, and where circumstances otherwise warrant doing so.